Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Goal

I find that writing goals down (or saying them out loud to someone other than myself) makes them more of a reality- more "tangible".

I'd really love to get my legs done so I can run again. Believe it or not, I really kind of miss running as much as I used to. I also use this annoying pain as an excuse to not exercise- how lame.

I have compartment syndrome. I'm honestly abnormally good with pain- if I complain about something... it's for a reason. But this is a pain that I can't handle everyday. I want to run (even walk) without feeling as if my lower legs are going to explode.

The next step after I get my legs fixed: I'd really like to run a marathon (or lets start out with a 5k?). I'd be happy with a half marathon. It's a goal that has been "burning a hole in my pocket"- now I just have to accomplish it.

I figure that I have been blessed with 2 functioning legs.... might as well put them to use in a really powerful, rewarding way.

I'm done getting frustrated with not being able to run.

1 comment:

BAGVLI said...

Sara had compartment syndrome, too. I didn't realize you had it, too. I hear it's pretty painful, but I know the surgery really helped her. Yucko! but I know you can do it... the marathon, that is!!!