Friday, May 8, 2009

Psalm 23:6

I asked the Lord to find a random verse that I could put with this photo (I took it before the Pohl wedding last weekend in Two Harbors, MN). I think He picked a good one! Marlon always says that before he opens his Bible, he asks the Lord to open to just the right page to lift his spirits- or something that will really speak to him with whatever is going on that day, week, etc. So that's kind of what I did.
Now I sit here thinking what in the world I could write about. So again, I sit here and just listen to Him. I love doing that. I've really taken the time to just sit and listen to His voice. Hear His voice. And mostly, BE His voice- let Him speak through me.

Goodness and mercy...... what awesome words. I actually really didn't know the meaning behind them until recently- when I gave my heart to the Lord.

I suppose I could give you my definition, but here is what the dictionary says.... I tend to ramble too much and not get to my point as fast as I would like- so here it is:

mer·cy n. pl. mer·cies
1. Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power.
2. A disposition to be kind and forgiving.
3. Something for which to be thankful; a blessing.
4. Alleviation of distress; relief.

I grew up being a total "drifter". I chose to do what other's did so I could "fit in" or "be part of the popular crowd". I chose to be someone that other's wanted me to be- coming from both family and friends. Jesus Christ was not a huge part of my life. Honestly, I barely knew who He was until about a year ago. I didn't know you could hear Him. I didn't know you could talk to Him. I didn't know you could feel Him.

All I did was push Him further and further away.... all to be someone other than me. All to be someone other than who He made me to be.

I was shown mercy from the Lord in so many ways- still am everyday. That I am so grateful for. There He was just waiting with open arms. Even after every single thing I had done- every huge mistake- every disappointment. I look back at every one of those mistakes and see Him in every single one of them. Opened my eyes even more to see that He never leaves you- even when you are pushing Him away. Talk about grace and mercy. He knew I was hurting and He knew exactly what I needed in my life.

I needed Him.

The day I chose to stop "drifting" and begin a new journey was the best day of my life. The verse He chose for me today explains that perfectly for me. When you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, goodness and mercy will follow you everywhere- no matter what. And because I have complete Faith in Him, because I talk to Him, because I hear Him, because I always have His hand to hold...... I know where I'm going- I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Now that's an awesome thing.

Blessings to everyone on yet another gorgeous day! I'm off to a weekend full of dance recitals, family, make up, hair, girly girls, and LOTS of photo opportunities. I'll be sure to post those soon :)

3 comments:

Jen @ Paisley Print Boutique said...

AMEN! what an awesome post! it's great to know that God is with us through thick and thin. how amazing it is to be a daughter of Him!

Nicole said...

What a beautiful Bible verse.

Those pictures of Gloria, Violet and Lukey are AMAZING!!!!!! I just love the way photographers(you) really catpure the spirit in a photo. Beautiful!

BAGVLI said...

Beautiful post, Suzanne!!!

Thanks for being you - and thanks for everything today!

I love you.

Good night...