Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bikers for Christ

Ok, I can admit that I want absolutely NOTHING to do with a motorcycle. They terrify me.

Completely terrify me.

But after this weekend I have a new appreciation for "bikers" (no that does not mean I want to ride one because I have a new appreciation for people who do).

May 17, 2009 was really special for LIFEPRINT Church. Pastor John took a seat and let Fred Z (founder of Bikers for Christ- started with him and 5 others and now has over 4000 members around the WORLD) do the talking. He shared his incredible story of how Jesus Christ changed his life. He went from a life full of drugs, alcohol, guns, sex, biker gangs, etc.... to a life ministering to the people who wear the same shoes he once did. My favorite line of his message was "I get to reach people who would never listen to a Pastor in a 3 piece suit"- "I get to introduce sinners to Jesus because for some reason church won't accept them for who they are... what they look like... what they do"........ and the worst part of that is that it's true. Church has turned away the mom's who had a child without being married, church has people starring at those with tatoos and piercings, church has told bikers/gang members/drug users/abusers/sinners/etc etc etc that they can't come into the doors of their church. No wonder why we have a problem in this world!

LIFEPRINT Church is a church made to reach people. To introduce them to Jesus Christ. From all walks of life. We are all sinners......... why try to hide it behind pretty clothes and a fake smile?

We all choose a church under a certain "criteria". Don't lie, we do. We look at their reputation in the community, we look at what programs they offer, we check to see if our schedules meet up with the service times, we check to see if they have good music, we make sure our kids will be safe, we look to see if our friends go there, we make sure it is close to where we live. We do. How many churches do you know of that their MAIN goal is to reach others to know Jesus?

That is why I love LIFEPRINT Church. Come as you are...

We had a BBQ after the second service with some awesome fellowship, amazing food, prayer over the bikes, pictures, and ended with a ride. Here are some (SOME) photos I took:


Bikers for Christ logo. There was a lot of that everywhere and on everyone! I had no idea that many people were involved- so cool!



That's Fred Z (the short guy with the long hair) with some bikers from Wisconsin.

The bikers that were at the BBQ and Fred Z taking a couple photos.

I think that is actually Pastor John's bike?







BBQ-er's :)

The smell of leather and exhaust never smelt so sweet as it did on May 17, 2009.........

2 comments:

BAGVLI said...

SOOOOOO cool! I love these pictures! How fun! :)

I didn't even realize you had blogged today. My blog list still says 2 days ago - weird.

Hope you're having a great night!

Christen said...

These are great pictures and your church sounds pretty neat!