Monday, July 27, 2009

They Lost.

Marlon played for the Superior Stampede this year (minus the first few games) and last year.
Last year they were undefeated.
This year, they made it to the "playoff game that would have gotten them to the championship."
The game for "all the marbles"...........It was still fun to watch him play (he's #47). And I promise he's not throwing punches out there- it just appears that way in this one.
He's so cute.
He lives for football. If there is a game on, don't even waste your time trying to get in the way or try to even get a word in.
(because it's literally a waste of your time). Eats, breathes, smells, looks, lives for football.
Take a look at that face.... poor guy. He's never lost. He was a good sport- just had to give him a few minutes :)
(I'm so anti facial hair usually but it's kind of growing on me I guess.... but I didn't say that.)

And with all of these photos, I went out and purchased a Tamron Telephoto AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Macro (mostly because I have a Tamron lens already on my camera and this one was a LOT more affordable than the comparable Nikon lens... anyone familiar? any suggestions?)... you'd think it could get a little closer- although I was restricted to staying up in the bleachers. Pretty disappointed. I would have been happy with a 300mm I'm sure. Not that I shoot fooball games or sports very often, but I'm still trying to decide if it's worth keeping around. I'd love to hear some insight.

4 comments:

BAGVLI said...

Really cool pics!
I have an AF-S NIKKOR 55-200mm 1:4-5.6 G VR lens, which is ok, but what do I know? I liked it for the kids sporting events, as well as Gloria's "Alice" play and Violet's preschool graduation. It's frustrating though, when it's still on, for example, after the play or graduation and I just want to take original pics and I have to back way up because I can't fit what I want to take a picture of in the frame because it's too zoomed. Do you know what I mean? I'm not that fast at changing lenses because I'm very cautious. I don't want to hurt them!

BAGVLI said...

I didn't mean "original pics", I meant "regular pics".

Unknown said...

I don't have camera advise, but I'm a HUGE fan of football !!! I love the action shots, Fun!

Also I'm a big fan of the football uniforms ;)

David said...

From what I've read, that lens is pretty slow at autofocusing. That might be the biggest issue with using that camera for sports. A similar spec Canon lens runs about $2,000 so this is quite a deal if you can put up with its shortcomings.
Technically that lens is a 300mm equivalent on a Nikon D90. You have to take the 200mm and multiply by 1.5 to get the real 35mm equivalent. Thats why its a Nikon DX format camera.