Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Fave

VBS WEEK. That's all I have to say! I can't believe it's already Wednesday- only 3 more days left! What a powerful experience to be a part of. There is nothing better than a child coming up to you telling you how nice they think you are... or how fun of a "band manager" I am... or how cool Lifeprint is. I even had a little 7 year old girl come up to me and asked me if I'd pray with her because she is having a pretty hard life these days at home. Man, am I feeling the blessings pour out day after day after day being a part of this VBS. It's definitely changing ME from the inside out.

This week is so much more than a trillion hours spent planning details. Bigger than just dressing up everyday and doing ridiculously corny choreographed dance moves to silly GO FISH songs... it's changing a child's life. Showing them Christ in an unbelievable way. Experiencing the Lord in an AWESOME setting at an AMAZING church. I pray that all of the volunteers involved (including myself) this week realize that their time and efforts go so far beyond teaching at a VBS. Gives me chills feeling the presence of the Lord this week- even just writing this! God is too good!

This is totally not related to VBS in any way but I went back to email some friends photographs that I've been meaning to give them weeks ago and stumbled across a new fave... It's fun to see one's I never touched or put on facebook, or blogged, or printed. There are quite a few that are worthy of doing so that I didn't even see! I love the lighting and it kind of gives me the feeling of what I've been experienceing this week. A lot of prayers, a beautiful setting, powerful light, and a God that overtakes all things in a way we can never comprehend. SO amazing.
Hope everyone is having a Spirit filled week! I know I am! And come check out Lifeprint Church this Sunday... all the kids will be singing with Pastor John during Praise and Worship! Should be a fun time :)

1 comment:

BAGVLI said...

Glad you're having such a fun time with VBS! :) We are really excited for the concert!

Love the pic!