Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Duluth Weekend


The lighthouse....
This was up at Skyline- I love white, puffy clouds.

Not a small boat.
Lake Superior Shore
These weeds are in everyone's (I mean everyone's) yard.
If you go to Duluth and don't stop here, you're nuts. Best. Malts. Ever.
The calories are so so so so worth it.

That's the log that Marlon was sitting on for most of his photots.


More Skyline photos. That's Wisconsin.



This is where we watched the fireworks. Not ideal, but we weren't about to fight the traffic down by Canal Park.
Marlon's pride and joy :)
The road to get to Island Lake.....
This is where we fish. Just lovely.

I went down to Canal Park to take photos and this is as close as I got....... crazy tourists literally took over the city. There was a crazy fog right above the bridge- so it was a perfectly sunny day, it just doesn't look like it.That would be that crazy fog that was above the bridge....

Miss Chloe just checking out Lake Superior.

4 comments:

BAGVLI said...

Ok, missy - you might have to spend the bucks to upgrade your blog soon, so you can display these beautiful pictures in the big view they deserve! These are gorgeous! Awesome! You inspire me to learn how to use my camera better, however there's still one problem - time! :) And it's only going to get worse with #4 on the way! Uff-da!

P.S. I just told Bill that I want to go on a mini-vacation to Duluth. The kids would love it!

Christen said...

These pictures are so beautiful! You sure do have an eye for photography! How did the most recent shoot of Logan go? I know you said you were gonna try a redo? Oh and my sister is getting married on August 8th and she is looking for and pricing out the cost for getting hair/makeup done. What do you charge for that?

Katie said...

Hey Susanne! Question - what kind of camera and lens do you have? Your Duluth pictures rock. :-) No pun intended. Ha! We were at the malt shoppe over the 4th weekend as well!

Suzanne Thompson said...

Thanks, Katie! It was quite a beautiful weekend huh?? I LOVE the Malt Shoppe. I have a Nikon D90 with a Tamron AF 17-50mm 1:2.8 for my "everyday" lens and every once in a while I pull out my Nikon 50mm 1:1.8 just for extra blur in the background :) I am really missing having a zoom lens!

Thanks for the kind words!