Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life Changing for the BETTER!

I met my amazing boyfriend, Marlon David Glaspie, on February 3, 2007. Not only did this man come into my life, but he brought me back to life. I was so lost and down for many years and that night a weight was lifted off my shoulders and my numbness was gone. He was sent to me for that reason and I thank God everyday for sending him out that night to cross paths with me. Everyday I find a new reason to live and a new blessing in my life. Yes, we argue and I certainly do NOT like him at all times- but I love him always. I will love him forever and he means the absolute world to me. Marlon has opened my eyes to many things, but number one would be my Faith in Jesus Christ. So not only do I get this incredible relationship with an amazing man, but I get an even greater relationship with the man who gave me life. How do you thank someone for that? How do you thank someone for showing you a better way... the real way... the only way... the way to eternal life...... you can't. That's the bummer. I try my very hardest to try though! I live my life so differently now- no more "going through the motions" for this girl. I still have much to learn and much to change for the better, but I am finally in 100%.

After I started realizing what this life really is about, after I started tithing, after I gave my life to the Lord, after I started asking for forgiveness, after I started flat out asking what I needed through prayer...... my life has changed dramatically. Jesus is such a huge part of me, and my life and I can't thank Him enough for what He has done for me. I had to come to Him- He had been waiting with open arms for years. That just gives me chills. His grace just amazes me....

Because I finally have a relationship with Jesus, He has shown me everything I am capable of. When everyone else shuts me out or when everyone tells me I am not capable of doing something, HE tells me the complete opposite. I have lived my life hiding behind who everyone wanted me to be..... that wasn't me at all. I have found my voice, I have found my confidence, I have found I am actually really good at so many things. I just told Marlon the other day, "I love God's attitude in the Bible when He says, TEST ME"...... I smile because that is totally how myself and Marlon are. "Bring it on" kind of attitude. I love that. I admire that.

So that's just the start of my story.... that's how I picked up a camera. That's what made me go to a different church and volunteer my time and my talents. That's what made me find I'm actually really good at cooking. That's what made me go out and start doing things I LOVE- allowing people to feel beautiful through hair and make up. Being trusted to plan/coordinate complete stranger's weddings- the biggest day of their lives. I finally have the confidence to just DO what I have been blessed with.... because I know He will always be behind me and will not allow me to give up on my dreams.

If you are feeling like you aren't good enough. If you are feeling like you aren't capable of something. If you feel like you are trying to fit a mold that you don't quite fit in. If you are just "going through the motions"......... I challenge you to go out and do what He meant for you to do. My good friend Teena Dietz says, "If you are holding back from the talents/doing what God has given you, you are wasting His plan that He has in store for you". Ask for Him to show Himself to you......... He will in ways you never thought possible.

Blessings on this BEAUTIFUL Thursday!

1 comment:

BAGVLI said...

This post is so beautiful, Suzanne - just like you! Thank you for sharing so deeply. It is very inspiring to read and well done! What a journey - and it's only just begun!

I have a poster hung on the piano I use to teach Sunday School music and it says:

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with your talent is your gift to God."

Amen, huh?!
Love you!