Monday, March 8, 2010

Mary

This is Mary. The 9 year old child I decided to sponsor today. She lives in Kenya. Her birthday is April 7, 2000. Beautiful!
I look forward to getting to know her and seeing what $38/month can really do. I don't have the money to do this, but I pray one day I can do this for multiple children. Every time I feel like I don't have the money to do this, I think (and see) all that the Lord has provided for me. Proverbs 19:17 NIV says,"He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward him for what he has done."

Everything I have today is from the Lord. Why keep all He has blessed me with just for myself? If He has given me more than one deserves already, I can't imagine what He can do when I give to His people. So I'm stepping out on a limb in hopes that Mary gets a glimpse of what I've been blessed with. I want her to have that, too. She gets the opportunity to see hope in Jesus' name with just $38! Can you do this with everyone sponsoring a child today?

For more information about Compassion and to see some beautiful, yet heart wrenching photographs click here to read (and see!) what MckMama is experiencing as we speak!

No comments: